Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Baby Items that SHOULD NOT be bought second hand.

            I know as a new mom, or even a mother of more than one, you want to save as much money as possible when buying baby items, but do you really think about the things that you shouldn't buy second hand? I know I didn't but I pretty much bought new things anyways. So I am here to give you a list of baby items you should NOT buy second hand and the reasons why.

  1. Car Seats. These should never be bought secondhand. You want what is best for your child and when you buy a car seat secondhand it isn't as safe as you think. Do you know the history of this car seat? Do you know if it was in a car accident? Was it recalled? Was it dropped or twisted? Used incorrectly? What is the weight and height restrictions for forward and rear facing? These are all factors you need to think about.
  2. Cribs. Crib regulations change frequently and you need to know it has not been recalled, banned, or meets the standard requirements.
  3. Speaking of cribs, You never want to buy a used Crib Mattress. You don't know how old they are or if they have bed bugs or not. You don't want your bundle of joy to get bites because of bugs in a mattress would you?
  4. Breast Pumps. There is no way to be sure how sanitary they are. You can't properly sanitize them as it is. Bacteria and diseases can actually get trapped in the pumps/tubing and contaminate your pumped breast milk! They are meant for one user unless it is a hospital grade pump.
  5.  Pacifiers and Bottles. Some contain BPA and phthalate. I wouldn't want someone else to use my toothbrush so why would I want my child to use something that has been in another kids mouth getting all their bacteria?
  6. Bath Toys. Any bath items that have wholes in them like rubber ducks because they can be infested with mold since they are nearly impossible to clean.

    That is all I can think of for right now and I will keep this updated just incase something else comes to mind.

Thanks for reading.<3
Taylor Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment